ENRICH programme report
TOE2 believes in supporting communities to reduce their carbon footprint by finding ways to reduce energy demand through adopting energy efficiency measures.
Over five years the ENRICH programme advised and supported community buildings across Oxfordshire on becoming more energy efficient. ENRICH was developed and run in partnership with EiE (the Environmental Information Exchange) with funding from the Patsy Wood Trust. Advice was also provided by the Community Buildings Advisor based at Community First Oxfordshire (CFO).
A full report of the ENRICH programme is available to download Here
• Energy Audits carried out at 134 community buildings across Oxfordshire
• 59 buildings received TOE2 grants totalling £288,372, supporting works including insulation, double glazing, LED lighting and heating.
• Estimated carbon savings; 679 tonnes of CO2e (Carbon Dioxide and associated greenhouse gases), with an estimated financial saving of £358,050. Based on data collected from 70 buildings on progress towards achieving audit recommendations.
• Production of an Energy Guide – “Managing Energy Use in your Community Building” (download here)
• Production of a Tips Sheet of advice for local shops on energy and water efficiency (download here)
• Posters to promote energy efficiency to the wider community made available to community buildings
ENRICH programme report
Download Free Energy Guide for Community Buildings here
Download Free Energy Audit Report sample
Download Free Managing Energy Use in Community Shops
• TOE2 can put community buildings in touch with EiE, who provide bespoke energy audits. Audit costs can be recouped by making energy efficiency improvements.
• TOE2 and other grant makers will use energy audit reports to guide funding decisions. TOE2 can offer grants of up to £5,000 towards implementing energy audit recommendations.
TOE2 would like to thank the following for their support of the ENRICH programme; Patsy Wood Trust; Moira Dorey and the rest of the team at EiE; Community First Oxfordshire; all participating halls and their volunteers
Following a scheme to provide energy audits and advice to 24 Oxfordshire churches, TOE2 plans to extend the scope of this programme to more churches and to other faith buildings.
© Trust for Oxfordshire's Environment (TOE2) 2015
Charity Number: 1140563
Our Funders include: Grundon Waste Management Ltd - Patsy Wood Trust – Oxfordshire County Council – Beatrice Laing Trust – Network Rail
Website supported by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)